Top of Blog

Top of Blog
Welcome to BullFrog Springs. I hope you enjoy your time, get a coffee and relax for a minute.







Meal Plans

January 29, 2012

Homemade Vanilla

Homemade Vanilla easy as 1,2,3.

1 cup vodka or spiced rum. (it doesn't have to be top shelf).
1-2 vanilla beans. The long brown pod

Pour vodka in a mason jar or bottle. Slice open the pod and scrape all the beans out. Add the beans to the vodka then add the rest of the pod. Place the lid on and sit in a cool dark place for 2 to 4 months and wait.

See as easy as 1,2,3.

Notes,
This is the first time I have made it and it is looking great. It has been sitting for about a month and is smelling like vanilla and a little vodka.
You can find vanilla pods at most health or bulk stores. I have paid from $2.50 (which is high) to $0.69 a pod. I also have heard that sams has pods.

Enjoy.....................

1 comment:

  1. My kind of recipe :)
    Nothing complicated about that! I'm learning the fine things in life are simple :)
    Thanks for sharing Bullfrog!

    ReplyDelete