Top of Blog

Top of Blog
Welcome to BullFrog Springs. I hope you enjoy your time, get a coffee and relax for a minute.







Meal Plans

November 27, 2012

Peppermint Bark

Peppermint Bark


Years ago I was in Philly for a work trip and brought some peppermint bark. I have loved it ever since, but could not find it. So I decided like most things this has to be easy to make. Dark chocolate, white chocolate and peppermint candy. How hard is that.
So here is my recipe for it.

Dark chocolate. ( I use the candy coating, but use what you like)
White chocolate
Peppermint extract
Peppermint candy canes
Hammer

Melt the dark chocolate and add one teaspoon of peppermint extract. Spread onto a foil lined pan. Melt white chocolate and spread on top. If you wait to long, the chocolates will not stick together. However if you do it too fast they will mix. Which is not bad at times.  I wait about 10 minutes and spread careful. If it mixes a little the canes will cover it. Break the peppermint candy canes up. I put them in a ziplock and use a hammer. The kids love doing this part.

Spread broken candy over the top. Let sit for about an hour or longer. Break into pieces.

ENJOY we do and everyone that love peppermint will love it.

Sorry it was gone before I could take a pic. Maybe next time.

Note,
I do not use baking chips as they add stabilizers to keep their form. Also if you like more or less peppermint taste just change up the extract

No comments:

Post a Comment