Top of Blog

Top of Blog
Welcome to BullFrog Springs. I hope you enjoy your time, get a coffee and relax for a minute.







Meal Plans

December 7, 2012

Saving a buck

Not many know that we grew up with not much money. At the time I was not happy about not having everything and more. As a kid you think you should get whatever you want and why should your Mother not buy it for you. Most of my friends got what they wanted.
Looking back I would not want it any other way. Because we couldn't afford much, my Mother learnt to garden, cook, sew and anything else that came our way.  Which in turn she passed it all on to us that wanted to learn. So my sister and I have wonderful memories of cooking together. Making anything from cookies to full meals just for the family.  All of us learnt to plant veggies and have a love for the outdoors and gardening, picking food off one of the many food trees we had.  My Mother was also smart enough to learn that you don't need sprays or chemicals to make plants grow. Just some good time and love, well compost and water. But they grow and then you eat the best food in the world. We learnt to eat want was in season so it was forever changing and we learnt how to wash cloths, hang them on the line and iron what was needed.
As I have got older I also want to pass the art of being a true homemaker along to my kids. They have their gardens, they are learning how to sew and they are learning that they can do anything they want to do. 
So learning how to make things and cook at home we can save hundreds or dollars every year. If you work hard every day why would you not want to save some money and learn to live better.
Every week I try to find something I have never done before and stop buying it.

 If I can make more with less then I can save money.

PS My mother has just learnt to paint so I leave you with this piece I got for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment