Top of Blog

Top of Blog
Welcome to BullFrog Springs. I hope you enjoy your time, get a coffee and relax for a minute.







Meal Plans

January 7, 2012

Homemade Brown Sugar

So I was reading that brown sugar has only two ingredients and very easy to make. Being the dork that I am, I had to try and see if they were right.


One cup sugar and one tablespoon molasses, blend with a fork or mixer. I did both.


This is half way through. It took a while to get it blended and I used a fork to finish it off. Make sure you get all the little balls of Molasses blended. The finish product is brown sugar. Store.

It really works and is brown sugar. One more thing I can make and one less processed food in my kitchen. Plus how many times were your going to make something and you out of brown sugar.
Have fun.

5 comments:

  1. Yes!
    I discovered this a few months ago when I was trying to make cookies and of course had no brown sugar. Since I buy my regular sugar in bulk, and molasses is one of those things that I don't use that often in baking, this works out great! Brown sugar is now one less thing that I have to put on my list. I love finding "recipes" for making stuff that I don't always have on hand, but sometimes need just to make a couple of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my website at http://lawnlesstrials.blogspot.com, I talk about how to make brown sugar from sugar beets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why have I never thought of this before? So simple, yet brilliant.
    Thanks for enlightening me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing when I started making it several months back. Keeps very well.

      Delete
  4. I don't make it to store it, I just add the total amount of sugar (reg plus "brown") and then add the appropriate amount of molasses to the ingredients while I'm cooking/baking.

    ReplyDelete