Top of Blog

Top of Blog
Welcome to BullFrog Springs. I hope you enjoy your time, get a coffee and relax for a minute.







Meal Plans

January 25, 2012

Oatmeal Bar Cookies

I wish I remember whos blog this came from so I could give them credit. However I changed the recipe some and you can too.

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup packed brown sugar (you could use less)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup soften butter
1 pint jam flavor of your choice.

Stir flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and cinnamon.
Cut in softened butter until crumbly.
Press 2/3 of the crumbs into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan. I have a stoneware bar pan that works perfectly for this.

Spread with your Jam. I used a jam that was very thick and put in the mirowave first, makes it very easy to spread. The crust wants to come up with the jam as it is spreads. But with a steady hand it can be done. A few bits of crust mixed in won't hurt.

Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Let cool and cut into bars.

I sent these to school with the kids and they both came in asking that I put them in their lunch tomorrow. I love that they are very happy to take their lunch and not worry about buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment