Where do you start. I think everyone changes their lifestyle for different reasons, for me it was about moving back to the country, having more land for my kids to play and neighbours not so close. Don't get me wrong, I love people and neighbours, I just wanted land and no one watching me. Believe it or not I was sewing at 4 (crazy I know) and cooking about the same time. I would not call myself great at any of it but, I had a great Mum/Mom who let me do this stuff. As time goes on, I kept wanting to learn more. I think there is always something to learn, something I can be better at.
As for everyone else, I think it is about what you really want to do. I want to be able to take us off the grid. (I hope one day it happens).
- If you want to recycle and pay for a trash man. Stop him coming and work it out.
- If you want to learn how to cook. Buy a cookbook and read the recipe. If it doesn't turn out the first time, keep trying. I have made many mistakes.
- If you want to learn to decorate a cake. Keep following me, I want to help you all out. (just need to work out the best way online).
- If you want a garden, through some seeds in dirt and see what happens. (Ask all gardens, sometimes things don't grow). We don't give up we keep trying and please don't use sprays.
- Chickens, well I just love them and want more. They are so much fun, but take time and work. You need a place and you need to know what you are wanting.
Thanks for reading and just give it a try. We all make mistakes and we all love what we do. I love putting good food on the table and living simple. One step at a time.